Friday 31 July 2009

David Carradine - Grasshopper (1975)

It was sad to hear of the death of David Carradine recently. Back in 1975, he had great success with the Kung Fu TV series and released this album of self-composed songs. At the time, to promote the album, he appeared on the UK chat show Russell Harty. After insisting that he and Harty should sit on the floor, he spent several minutes of the 'interview' tuning his guitar to the bemusement of his host. Eventually, he played the first track from this album.

This is from my own vinyl copy and comes to you with its original pops and crackles (though not many)

download

password in comments

10 comments:

  1. Password - the name of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that David Carradine was a musician. I guess there's a lot that we didn't know about him. I guess that's why I should read the new book "David Carradine: The Eye of My Tornado".

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are still reading this.....tis I saying a simple thank you for posting this....it sure made for a swell listen......

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Wife also has this album on vinyl but its too warped to play :(

    Is ther any chance of uploading again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, friend. My name is Carlos, from Brasil. You posted 3 years ago the album 'GRASSHOPPER', of Carradine. This album is a 'Holy Grail', ultra rare. Please, is possible repost again the link to download? Thank you so much! Peace and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!Thank you so much much much much, great friend!! I have some songs from that album in my mind since 1975 ('You And Me', for example, song title from the movie 'You And Me')! It's the album I most looked in my life; what a wonderful and precious gift for Christmas! Thank you once again for being so kind! Much peace & health to you and your family in 2013, my friend!

      Carlos Fiorelli
      Sorocaba-SP-Brasil

      Delete
  6. man, i would love to hear this, vinyl pops, crackles and all. would you be willing to repost the file?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you please reupload the album?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The link is dead, please repost!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been searching for this forever..........
    Can you please reupload the album.

    ReplyDelete