Sunday 18 January 2009

Edward Woodward - This Man Alone

In 1970, Edward Woodward was starring in the popular TV show 'Callan', playing an agent of the British security services. This album of ballads was released and included a vocal song based on the theme from the series and using an image on the cover showing Woodward in character. The rest of the album is made up of songs unrelated to the show, all broadly dealing with themes of alienation and loneliness. 'The Tide Will Turn For Rebecca' was written by Bernie Taupin and Elton John and given to Woodward to record. Woodward's voice may be an aquired taste, but the album is rather well produced and quite a pleasant experience. Again, long unavailable, this is taken from my mint vinyl copy.

1. This Man Alone
2. I'll Never Fall In Love Again
3. September song
4. Sound Of Silence
5. The Tide Will Turn For Rebecca
6. Today I Killed A Man I Didn't Know
7. The Way You Look Tonight
8. A Taste Of Honey
9. Scarborough Fair
10. Eleanor Rigby/This Man Alone

Download

4 comments:

  1. what is the password please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PW: iwantedtoseeangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother had a big crush on Edward Woodward and I grew up with this LP. I knew these arrangements of Sound of Silence and Scarborough before I ever heard S&G original. Thanks for the upload - I still have my mother's copy but it's well short of mint. She played it A LOT.

    ReplyDelete