Saturday 17 January 2009

Rolf Harris - Seamus (Shamus) O'Sean


One of the first records I ever owned was this EP from Rolf. It was a tie-in with a TV show he had at the time, in which the leprechaun featured. I lost my EP years ago, but I found these tracks on an old twelve inch (together with other tracks that are easily available). The sound was poor with lots of surface noise but, using smorodina magic, I have made it very listenable.

Not sure about the spelling of Seamus which is spelt Shamus on the 12"?

1. Seamus O'Sean the Leprechaun.
2. A Smuggler's Life.
3. The Boat at the Bottom of the Sea.
4. A Leprechaun's Life.
5. Up the Hill We Go.
6. The Poacher of Ballyslapadashamuckery.

Download

5 comments:

  1. I just finished digitizing this myself! When I spent three years of my youth in the UK, I listened to this, Junior Hits (featuring several other songs by Rolf), and a couple albums by Wally Whyton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making the Rolf Harris tracks available. This is fantastic as, like you, I grew up listening to these songs.

    But can you please let me know the password so I can unlock them from the .rar file?

    gghigson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Password for all downloads is iwantedtoseeangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a very old post But is there a chance that you could update the links please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES please re-up somebody..thanks

    ReplyDelete